Thursday, February 28, 2013

This week I mostly worked on ideas, concepts, and expirimentation. I'm still trying to work with personification and expression of emotion.
 
 
In this image I layered two pictures that I took last week that were similar (still trying to express a human point of view in a small area) to create a more surreal and fantasy-like feel.

In this image I layered three photos from an earlier shoot in hopes of expressing the emotion of happiness and freeness, keeping the feel of surreality and intangibility.
 
 
I really want to get my concentration idea finalized and clear. I might work more with portraits of people, of their faces, and more layering to show emotion. Maybe layering a blank face with an intense inanimate object to show an emotion the person could be feeling but not showing physically, or layering a strongly emotional face with an ordinary inanimate object to show a deeper meaning behind the object or connection between the human and the object.

5 comments:

  1. I'm not sure the layering really adds anything to the nature photo. The emotion in the figure is coming across, but I'm not sure the image works as a whole. It feels a little chaotic and unfinished. I think last week's photos were a strong start. Maybe you could start placing odd objects into your miniature landscapes. I would keep exploring miniature spaces with the lovely light you've been using being careful not to let the images get too overexposed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like I can either go in the direction of the idea of miniature spaces (which I LOVE and could turn out really well really quickly) or in the direction of expression of emotion through inanimate objects (which I feel more personally connected with but might be harder to accurately accomplish). I don't think I can inject as much obvious emotion into the miniature worlds. Do you have any thoughts on this? I also really liked the first few pictures but do you think they lack depth?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the layered picture of your friend. The layering creates depth and emotion that would be hard to accomplish as a static picture. I also enjoy your lighting in the nature picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The layered photo of your model is really good, very expressive and neatly designed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like how you made three layers for the person and how she seems to be moving. I also like your picture of the grass with frost on it and how its close up. That picture has a cool atmosphere and very naturely in a way. I also like how the sun ray in the back lights it up giving it a sense of morning and how nature is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete